Are you obsessing about your size this Valentine season? Are you among those that perceive beauty and style only through dress sizes or absence of curves? Does being beautiful mean you have to be a size 0? Absolutely not! You don't have to be slim to be fashionable and this valentine we at National Daily Newspaper is celebrating our fashionistas who have proudly embraced their curves and flaunt in the best of fashion. There are quite a number of plus size women who have proven that even though you're not "skinny" you can still look great! Plus size celebrities like Latasha, Toolz, Waje, Adele, Queen Latifah, Mo'nique, Jill Scott, and countless others, have proven that plus size women can also pull off latest fashion trends and equally look stylish. The world is now beginning to love curvier women and there are now a lot of designers making clothes for plus size women. There are even plus size models, so you don't have to be skinny to be a model and walk the fashion runways.
Here are few tips you need to keep in mind while dressing your curves.
- 1. Dress monochromatically: Dressing in one color de-emphasizes your problem areas by creating one long silhouette. Wearing all black is still the simplest way to look pounds thinner.
- 2. Break out the heels: Heels elongate your legs, making you look slimmer in the process. Try something classic like a black stiletto, or opt for a sexy red patent pump!
- 3. Low-rise is not an option: Very few people, regardless of size, can wear low-rise pants. Just because it is in style, doesn't mean it will work for you.
- 4. Avoid cropped jackets: Cropped jackets draw attention to your waist and butt. Purchase well-structured jackets that hit you right below your bottom
- 5. Purchase boot cut pants: One of the season's biggest trends is the pencil leg pant, which emphasizes big butts. Stick with pants that have a slight flare at the bottom to create a more balanced look.
- 6. Find a great tailor: Don't throw out those great fitting pants because they are too long. A great tailor will be able to hem the pants to your desired length.
No matter your size, you can still wear almost anything a skinny girl can. All u have to do is find out how best to make it suit you. Wear clothes that are your right size. Always make sure you look classy and never sloppy! Try to hit the gym or do exercises to keep in shape. Not everyone can be the same size, so whatever size you are, don't be afraid to rock it.