A guide To Suit Allure
Suits are like the little black dress to men, Dynamic and a wardrobe must-have for men, the suits are one of the most stylish fashion statements a guy. Perfect for almost all occasions, wearing a bespoke, made-to-measure or machine-made suit is guaranteed, to have the leading lady in your life, crossed-eyed with envy and anxious to make a honest man out of you.
The art of wearing a great suit lies in the designer, tailor and you. There are so many rules to wearing a suit but the “Fit” of your suit is the most sacred.
Trick to wearing suits:
· The world's most expensive suit will look bad if it isn't tailored to the contours of your body. Your suit jacket should fit well and give you a full range of motion, both buttoned and unbuttoned. The fit is the most important rule to wearing a great suit.
· The shirt cuffs should not slide up when you stretch your arms. If you are wearing a button-cuff shirt, the cuffs should break exactly at the wrist; if it's a French-cuff shirt, the cuffs should break about 1/2 inch further.
· The days of wearing just black, navy blue, and grey suits are over. Stand out from the crowd by wearing a stunning pink, green, red, yellow, purple or sky blue suit today.
· If you're a shorter person, stick to single-breasted jackets. Double-breasted jackets can give you a "drowning-in-fabric" look and make you appear smaller. If you're bigger around the middle, wear a lower-buttoning jacket rather than one with a higher placket. It will give you a longer silhouette.
· Avoid low armholes as they will cause your suit to drag upward when your raise your arms in gestures
· The shoulder of your suit should always end at your natural shoulders. To find out if your suit shoulder is the right fit, place your shoulders against a wall, if the shoulders hit the walls first, it is too big. . Look at the shoulder pads to make sure they are gently sloping downward. If you have big shoulders, you should have smaller shoulder pads than the average man.