CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leaders Award Returns To Recognise African Business Excellence; West African Nominees Announced
With Nigeria now Africa’s top economy, the region has shown significant growth and resilience in recent years, championed by the likes of the AABLA nominees, all of whom will gather for the event to be held at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos.
The West African round will be the final regional round of these esteemed awards and follows on from the success of the previous two regional rounds, held in East Africa on 20th September, and in Southern Africa on October 2nd.
“The CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leaders Awards Presented By Johnnie Walker Blue Label celebrate an excellence emphasized by boldness and rare character. In turn, the Awards recognize those indelible business leaders who have made a distinctive contribution in their respective sectors by demonstrating accountability, best practice, integrity and innovation on the continent,” says Roberta Naicker, Managing Director of the ABN group.
Nominees feature across five categories, representing the dynamic scope of Africa’s thriving business sector from Business Leader of the Year to; Business Woman of the Year; Young Business Leader of the Year; Entrepreneur of the Year and; Lifetime Achievement Award categories.
“The nominees in this year’s AABLA Awards exemplify the game-changing vision that has helped to grow the West African economy, with Nigeria making incredible strides in this regard. Johnnie Walker Blue Label is proud to acknowledge all these individuals who, through their tireless innovation and pioneering spirit, have made a lasting impact on the continent’s business sector,” says Joe Nazzal Head of Reserve.
West Africa’s business champions will then travel to Johannesburg, South Africa for the AABLA finale on November 14 where they will contend against other regional winners from Southern and East Africa for the title of Africa’s most exceptional businesspeople in their respective fields.
The finalists for each category in the West African round are:
Business Leader of the Year
• Atedo N.A Peterside – Chairman of Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC
• ObinnaUfudo – President/ CEO of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp)
• Oscar N. Onyema – CEO of Nigerian Stock Exchange
• Randall Edward Buday – Managing Director of DHL International Nigeria
Entrepreneur of the Year
• Marc Arthur Zang – Founder and CEO of Himore Medical Equipment
• Paola Audrey Ndengue – Founder & Freelance Creative Branding Consultant for Fashizblack Magazine/Pannelle& Co Agency
• TayoOviosu – Founder and CEO of Paga
Young Business Leader of the Year
• ChudeJideonwo – Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Red Media
• AdebolaTokunbo Williams – Co-Founder and Partner of Red Media
• Christian Ngan – Founder and CEO of MadlynCazalis Group
• OluseunOnigbinde – Co-Founder and Lead Partner of BudgIT
• Seth Akumani – Co-Founder and CEO of Claimsync Ghana
Business Woman of the Year
• AdenikeOgunlesi – Founder and Chief Responsibility Officer of Ruff ‘n’ Tumble
• ArunmaOteh – Director General of Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria
• Olubunkunola A. George – Founder and CEO of HealthPlus Nigeria
• Sola David-Borha – CEO of Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC
• Swaady M. Martin-Leke – Founder and CEO of Yswara, Ivory Coast
Lifetime Achievement Award
• The winner in this category, sponsored by Johnnie Walker Blue Label, will be announced at the event.