7 Ways To Halt The Spread Of Coronavirus
There are clearly outlined concise easy ways to combat, curtail and contain the spread of the virus in our nation. Failure to take these precautionary measures seriously as an integral part of our lives going forward could ultimately lead to disaster. As much as our government have a large role to pay, necessity is laid on us individually; to do the most we can to help bring the spread of convid-19 to a halt. These measures are outlined below.
1. Wash your hands with soap thoroughly under running water as often as humanly possible regardless of how clean you think it is.
2. Alcohol-based sanitizers are your new best friend, if you can’t find one at the stores to buy, you can easily make one at home by mixing 2/3 cup Isopropyl alcohol also known as rubbing alcohol ( just buy mako spirit) mix it 1/3 cup aloe vera gel or glycerine, pour into a container of your choice and voila! You are good to go
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth whether or not your face is riddled with pimples or superfine. This is because Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
4. If you feel a sneeze or cough coming on, it is important you cough into your elbow. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. This is to curtail droplets from your mouth or noise which is the primary source of the spread of the virus.
5. Social distancing is the new bae. No hugs, handshakes or unnecessary socializing in the immediate future for us. If possible maintain 3 feet distance of 1 meter between you and others at all times. I know how difficult this can be considering the peculiar challenges we face in Nigeria, but we have got to try and give it our best shot because our survival may just be hinged on it.
6. Self-isolation is one of the surest ways of protecting your loved ones especially the kids and aged. Stock up and work from home.
7. Self-quarantine and get tested immediately you suspect you may be infected or may have come I contact with an infected person. The importance of this cannot be overemphasized.
Post a Comment